Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and if you haven’t prepped your valentines yet, now is the time to do it! For the last few years, I’ve shared a different printable with you every February and this year is no different. Today, I’m excited to share these super cute hair scrunchie valentines!
Free Printable Scrunchie Valentines
For the last few weeks, I’ve been trying to decide what kind of valentines to make and share this year. And up until this weekend, I didn’t have any ideas. But then, while sitting on my couch crocheting, I had a great idea (at least I think it’s a great idea!)
I have been obsessed with crocheting these last few months and my most recent project has been crocheted scrunchies. And if you ask me, scrunchies and valentines make a pretty cute combo. So, printable scrunchie valentines were born!
My latest printable freebie comes with six labels featuring three fun phrases in two different colors. One is a pun having to do with hair and other two rhyme “bunchie” with “scrunchie.” Adorable!
Other Free Valentine Options
If scrunchies aren’t your thing, I have many other printable valentines for you to pick from.
- Free Printable Valentines: Watercolor Fruits
- Free Printable Valentines: Puppy Love
- Holiday Freebie: DIY Printable Valentines
How to DIY Printable Scrunchie Valentines
Alright, now that you’ve selected your favorite printable valentine sheet (or sheets if you want to print more than one design), it’s time to get to work!
The first step of printing is deciding how (or where) you’re going to print your scrunchie valentines. If you have a functioning printer (which I do not. lol!), then you can easily print these at home. If not, then I suggest FedEx Office. I’ve been printing there for years now and have been pleased with their work every time.
If you’ve never printed at FedEx before, here’s a breakdown of how to do it.
- Click “visit new marketplace” under the “Design & Print” tab
- Click “upload & print”
- Upload your file
- Adjust the print settings to your preferred specifications
- Add to cart
- Select “pick up at store” or “ship to address”
- Enter your payment details
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Pick up your order in a few hours or wait for it to arrive in the mail
For paper, I like using the 110lb. Index option in the “professional white papers” section. It’s great and the printed portions have the slightest sheen to them.
After printing your valentines, it’s time to cut them out! I like to use a paper trimmer, but scissors will also work really well!
I’ve had this Fiskars paper trimmer for years now. It’s the best! I’ve tried other paper trimmers over the years, and they just don’t compare. This trimmer has a thin wire that runs down the middle of the plastic blade guide. That wire shows you exactly where the blade is going to cut. It’s also super easy to replace the blade when it gets dull. Just pop the old one out and snap a new one in.
Assembling Scrunchie Valentines
You have so many options when it comes to the scrunchies you use for this. If you want to crochet some like me, I will share a pattern down below. If you’re short on time and would rather purchase scrunchies, there are tons of cute options at Target or on Amazon (here’s a giant colorful pack or a pack of all pink ones).
Once your valentines are cut and you’ve decided on your scrunchies, thread a printable through the center of a scrunchie and then staple at the top. If you don’t want to use a staple, you could always use double-sided tape.
If you’d like to add your name to your valentines, I would write that on the back (under the heart) before you staple everything together.
Just like with all my other freebies, these printable scrunchie valentines are for personal use only. You may not re-sell, re-distribute, or claim this work as your own.
When posting on the Internet, please give credit to Pink Bows & Twinkle Toes. Feel free to tag me (@pinkbowstwinkletoes) on Instagram or Facebook when sharing.
You can download the scrunchie printable valentines down below:
Making your own crochet scrunchies is so easy! You can make one in less than 15 minutes. Maybe even less than ten depending on how quickly you crochet.
- Hair elastics (I got these at the Dollar Tree and they are great! They’re made of a softer elastic just like traditional scrunchies)
- Chenille yarn (Also available at the Dollar Tree! Or you can use Bernat Velvet yarn)
- Crochet hook (whatever size works best with the yarn you’ve chosen. These are my favorite crochet hooks.)
- Yarn Needle
How to Make a Crochet Scrunchie
- Create a slip knot on your crochet hook
- Yarn over, insert hook into scrunchie, yarn over again, and complete your first double crochet (DC). This is the trickiest part. Your first YO might slip when you insert your hook into your scrunchie. If that happens, just go slow and keep trying until you get it to stay where you want it.
- Continue to double crochet all around your hair tie until your elastic is full. As you add stitches, you’ll notice that they’ll start bunching naturally and will create a bit of a wave. I like to scrunch my stitches even more to create a super fluffy scrunchie. My scrunchies have 70-75 DC. Use your judgement and add as many stitches as you like until you’re happy with the fluff.
- Complete your scrunchie with an invisible finish and then use a yarn needle to hide the yarn tails.
And there you go! Making your own crochet scrunchie is as easy as that!
I hope you enjoyed this free crochet scrunchie tutorial and these printable scrunchie valentines! Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Affiliate links are in use in this post.